Monday, November 9, 2009

Reasons I wish I had a camera today

The kids at Karuna Children's Home were so cute working in their small groups, making shields that explained which "nicknames" of Jesus were most meaningful to them i.e. one boy said "He is my Shepard because He found all of us sheep in the slums and led us out" OH my precious and then we taught them a dance which was hard so after all the hard work we just put on some music and had a dance party kickin' it all over the room with SO MUCH JOY and on the way out I saw the cutest puppy plopped on a high mound of cement mix, and he so wanted some lovin' from me as I wanted from him, but he was scared because of the cement mix sliding when he tried to climb down, so then he just tackled his momma AFTER all of this was the drive home from Faridabad where my driver is always willing to pull over for me to take some pictures because we always see monkeys and their babies and one time a camel, but today, today was a beautiful bright orange setting sun perched over the wildlife reservation with all those short twisty trees that look squished down and remind me of the Lion King, and I watched from the car window without my camera but it felt very special, like a secret wink, something I better and will always remember close to my heart, and in the moment, quiet and personal and something more heavenly than happy, I thought "whoah, I'm in India." True Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment